|DID U KNOW: The Benefits of Church|
INFORMATION AQUIRED FROM ARTICLE BELOW. SCROLL DOWN TO READ COMPLETE ARTICLE.
When we opperate our lives according to God's Word then we become more functional & fruitful while becoming less dysfunctional and less spiritually barren. God's Word encourages us in Hebrews 10:25 to "Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching." In other words, "Go to church!"
HOW CHURCH ATTENDANCE BENEFITS
HOW CHURCH ATTENDANCE PROTECTS
1) Decreased divorce rates
2) Lower cohabitation rates
3) Lower rates of out-of-wedlock births
4) Lower levels of teen sexual activity
5) Less abuse of alcohol and drugs
6) Decreased rates of suicide
7) Decreased rates of depression
8) Decreased rates of suicide ideation
9) Lower levels of many infectious
10) Decreased rates of juvenile crime
11) Decreased rates of violent crime
12) Decreased rates of domestic violence
13) Protects against many social problems
14) Powerfully reduces socially deviant
15) Reduced likelihood of becoming a
16) Decreased rates of getting into trouble
17) Decreased rates of poor grades
18) Less likely to engage in risky behavior
I could also add many more reasons to go to church such as increased spiritual growth, encouragement that comes through corporate worship, mission trip & ministry outreach opportunities, incredibly fun planned events like camps and road trips, lifelong deep friendships, the potential of meeting your future spouse, free Bible & education classes, free addiction recovery classes, free marriage classes, inspiration, more effective ministry as the entire Body of Christ works together, and on and on.
Obviously the church is made up of imperfect people at different stages of their personal journey with Christ so there is always the potential for the downsides that come with any community. But if we realize that ahead of time and we don't let that discourage us from obeying God by going to church then the blessings that flow will profoundly impact your life and the lives around you. Just make sure you find a church that doesn't compromise the Word of God... then GO... and GO regularly. Just knowing about a good church doesn't enable you to experience the blessings that can only come through GOING TO CHURCH. You may have a few reasons not to go to church, but God just gave you over 45 great reasons to GO.